The University of Aberdeen has risen eleven places in the most widely viewed international league table of world-leading universities.
The QS World University Rankings published today, Tuesday 16 September, rate the University as 137th in the world, 24th in the UK and 4th in Scotland.
Acknowledged as the leading source of information for prospective students around the world, the QS rankings consider over 3,000 universities, and subjects 850 to detailed evaluation and comparison across four broad areas of interest to prospective students: research, teaching, employability and international outlook.
Professor Sir Ian Diamond, Principal and Vice Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen, said:
“This is brilliant news. It is extremely gratifying to see this recognition of our commitment to pursuing research which makes a difference in our world, to bringing innovative research to market, and to excellence in teaching, with a new curriculum which focuses on employability. All this, combined with a growing international community and activity and an ambitious programme of investment in facilities for learning and leisure, is sending a powerful message that Aberdeen is now ranked among the greatest universities in the world.
“This does not make us complacent however, and we will continue to add further benefit to the student experience at Aberdeen and to welcome to north-east Scotland the brightest and best from around the world.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018