Members of the public are invited to take part in a BBC Radio 4 live broadcast from the University of Aberdeen later this month.
The station’s Sunday Worship show will come from King’s College Chapel on May 18, and the University’s Chapel Choir is hoping that local residents will accompany them on some hymns – and then for breakfast.
Members of the congregation will need to be in place by 7.45am.
University chaplain Reverend Dr Easter Smart and Professor John Swinton, Chair in Divinity and Religious studies at the University, will lead the service.
University of Aberdeen’s Master of Chapel and Ceremonial Music, Professor David Smith, is delighted that Sunday Worship will be coming live from Aberdeen.
He said: “It is extremely exciting that Radio 4 will be broadcasting live from the University of Aberdeen, and a fantastic opportunity for our wonderful Chapel Choir to be heard across the country.
“I hope members of the local community will come along and lend us their voices to ensure the service sounds as vocal and wonderful as possible.”
Reverend Dr Smart added: “It is an honour to have one of our services broadcast live to the nation and I am thrilled to be taking part.”
BBC Radio 4 will broadcast live from the University of Aberdeen King’s College Chapel on Sunday, May 18. All members of the public are welcome to come along but are asked to advise the chaplaincy if they plan to attend. Anyone interested in attending the service should email Gillian Cursiter firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018