A Vice-Principal of the University has received a prestigious honour in the Republic of Korea for his contribution to the development of the offshore industry in a key region of the country.
Vice-Principal Professor Albert A Rodger FREng has become one of the very few non-Koreans to be honoured with the award of Honorary Citizenship of Hadong County in the Republic of Korea.
The award was made at a special ceremony last week before an audience of over 1000 including the Governor of the Province and the Mayor of Hadong County.
Professor Rodger has been instrumental in working with colleagues in Korea towards their vision of developing a major, industry-dominated cluster of organisations in offshore research, development, education and production in one of the Korean Free Economic Zones (Hadong District, Gwangyang Province).
Reading the Citation, the Mayor of Hadong County said: “As Mayor of Hadong County and on behalf of its citizens, in recognition of the warmth and generosity you have shown our County, I have the honour of conferring the title of Honorary Citizenship upon Albert A Rodger."
Accepting the honour, Professor Rodger said: “To be awarded honorary citizenship of Hadong is a very great privilege indeed. I am very grateful and wish to express my deepest thanks to the Mayor and the Council for this major distinction.“
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018