University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon University boat teams are set to battle it out in the annual River Dee showdown.
With just days to go, the competing rowers are training furiously to prepare for the event, often referred to as the Scottish equivalent of the Oxford v Cambridge Boat Race.
A superb day out for all the family, the 19th Aberdeen Asset Management Universities’ Boat Race will take place this Saturday, 1 March 2014 from 1.45pm on the River Dee.
The two teams will battle it out over the 3.5km race, from the Bridge of Dee to the Aberdeen Boat Club, with the winnders taking home the coveted trophy - but more importantly, the all important bragging rights.
The day begins at 11.35am with the toss for stations followed by the universities’ 2nd crew race at 12.20pm and alumni race at 12.40pm. Local media celebrities will take to the water at 1.25pm in the media challenge race before the main title race at 1.45pm.
The race is supported by Aberdeen Asset Management and spectators can show their support at a number of locations along the course on the banks of the River Dee. To cheer on the university crews, the best locations are considered The Queen Elizabeth II Bridge or Wellington Suspension Bridge.
For students seeking to support their team, free transport has been organised by Aberdeen Asset Management for all rowing fans heading to the race. The courtesy buses will allow students to travel from each university campus to the River Dee, with a free return journey also available.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018