All welcome to come hear ground breaking interdisciplinary presentations covering different aspects of our Northern World. Followed by long lively discussion in the MacRobert Building, Aberdeen University from 2pm on 19 February.
Short Papers followed by Lengthy and Lively Discussion
2-4pm, MacRobert 317, University of Aberdeen
- 19th February 2014 - Finding the true North? Northern minds and material imaginations, Dr. Charlotta Hillerdal
- 5th March 2014 - Outside over there: The idea of the North in the Old Norse Sagas, Dr. Eleanor Barraclough
- 19th March 2014 – 'Land under the Pole Star' – paleoenvironmental research within the former Norse settlements of Greenland, Dr. Ed Schofield
- 7th May 2014 – Pre-modern, or non-modern, 'Hefted' Ideas of Landscape and Commons in Norden and in Northern Britain, Prof. Kenneth Olwig
- 21st May 2014 – Effects of seasonal changes in day length on animal physiology and behaviour, Dr Tyler Stevenson