School students interested in a career in health or medicine will have the chance to attend a series of hands-on workshops organised by the University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon University.
Third year pupils from Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire will have the opportunity to gain an insight into a variety of health and medical careers.
Attendees will be able to examine a variety of x-ray and radiographic images and operate surgical simulators among many other activities covering disciplines such as: Diagnostic Radiography, Nursing and Midwifery, Sports and Exercise Science, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy.
“Around 60 pupils from across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire attended last year and the event was a resounding success,” said Jennifer Meredith of the University of Aberdeen. “These workshops are an excellent opportunity to showcase the huge range and diversity of career opportunities available in the health and medical sectors.
“These are highly competitive sectors, so it’s important to give pupils an insight, so they know what kind of subjects they will need to take, and what kind of grades they should be aiming for as they continue with their education.”
Education Liaison Officer for RGU, Camilla-Erika Campbell, added “We are now in the third year of running this event and we get such a positive response each time. It is a great chance for pupils to explore the different options within health careers and introduce them to other opportunities they may never have considered before.”
The event will take place at the Foresterhill campus on Friday, January 24.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018