The organisers of Aberdeen’s newest festival will find out tomorrow (September 26) if they have scooped top place in their category at a prestigious national awards ceremony.
The May Festival - a showcase of some of the University of Aberdeen’s strengths in science, music, literature, film, Gaelic, and food and nutrition - has been shortlisted in the Scottish Event Awards 2013 run in association with Event Scotland.
The Festival - organised by the University of Aberdeen – is among four in the running for Best Large Event: a category for events attracting 5,000-plus visitors.
The winners of each category will be announced at a ceremony taking place in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Glasgow.
Professor Albert Rodger, Vice-Principal for External Affairs at the University, said: “This was the University’s very first May Festival which makes it even more special to be recognised in this way.
“All involved in the Festival worked extremely hard to create an ambitious and dynamic programme which offered something for everyone, for all ages and interests.
“One element we were particularly proud of was our Discover strand involving more than 90 staff and students which delivered a fantastic opportunity to tell our visitors about the cutting-edge research taking place right here on their doorstep.
“Sell-out audiences and superb weather made for a fantastic Festival and we can’t wait to recreate that cultural buzz on campus next year.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018