Plans for Scotland’s newest and most dynamic festival are underway at the University of Aberdeen.
The May Festival, which will take place from Friday, May 10 to Sunday, May 12, is set to be a spectacular series of events guaranteed to appeal to people of all ages from youngsters right through to the more mature but young at heart.
From science to music, and food to literature, the May Festival will showcase a diverse range of events, with a programme jam packed with big names that are sure to keep revellers entertained.
The festival will also give members of the public the opportunity to learn more about what the University is doing locally with regards to its research themes: The North, Energy, Pathways to Healthy Living and Environment and Food Security.
University of Aberdeen Principal, Professor Sir Ian Diamond, said, “The May Festival is shaping up to be one of this year’s most exciting events for the north-east and the University is delighted to be organising a three day extravaganza of this nature.
“Following the success we have achieved in the past with the Word Festival and last year’s British Science Festival, we were keen to create an event that would encompass a wide range of interests, covering a variety of subject areas. This will be a weekend of fun that the whole family will be able to enjoy.
“The University of Aberdeen has fantastic partnerships with the Aberdeen business community, and we are thrilled once again to be able work alongside a host of companies in a bid to deliver the most diverse festival to be seen in the north-east.”
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018