A sculpture which will take up residence on campus in the new year will be named by a member of the University community.
The piece of art, which was created by Nasser Azam and donated to the university by an anonymous donor, currently goes under the working title of Eclectic Grace, however students and staff are invited to enter a competition to rename the piece.
An alternative name is often given to pieces of art in order to represent the place where they are displayed, and the donor was keen that ‘Eclectic Grace’ be re-named in order to reflect the University of Aberdeen.
The sculpture, which is six metres high and is made of bronze, was created while the library was being built and the curves represent the design of the building.
For inspiration, a smaller version will be on display on the ground floor of the library from Wednesday 12 December. A watercolour portrait of the sculpture will be the prize for the winner of the naming competition.
Anyone interested in entering the competition to name the piece can do so by leaving their name, entry and contact details at the Welcome Desk, emailing their suggestion to Emma Leiper (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by posting their entry to University Office, Regent Walk, Aberdeen AB24 3FX.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday 16 January 2013 and the winner will be chosen on Friday 18 January 2013.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018