The Centre for Academic Development is the fusion of the previous Centre for Learning & Teaching and the Researcher Development Unit, and provides a single point of contact for University staff and students to access academic development support.
The new Centre will incorporate a range of enhancement and support functions, including researcher development, learning & teaching, eLearning, and the Student Learning Service.
The aim is to create synergies between the current providers, providing a Centre that truly reflects the reality of academic roles. It also recognises the increasing breadth of roles across the University, as more teaching is undertaken by those in non-traditional posts.
Professor Sir Ian Diamond, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, enthused about the new role CAD will take on, saying “I welcome this excellent initiative which demonstrates the University’s focus on strengthening support for its staff".
Professor Peter McGeorge, Vice-Principal (Learning & Teaching) said “The new Centre’s remit encompasses development and enhancement of learning, teaching and research for new and existing staff. We recognise that the boundaries between teaching and research are fluid; there is an interplay between the two that a research-intensive institution such as ours should be proud of, and use to enhance the experience of all of our students.”
Professor Claire Wallace, Vice-Principal (Research & Knowledge Exchange) added “The Centre for Academic Development is one of the ways in which the University is investing in its staff and students. Equipping them for an increasingly uncertain and competitive future is critical.”
The remit of the Centre for Academic Development is to enhance the following:
- Continuing professional development in both teaching & research for staff and PgR students at all stages of their career
- Promotion of the sharing of good practice in regard to teaching, learning, research and assessment
- Academic skills support and development for students
- Curriculum, programme and assessment design and evaluation
- Flexible delivery and eLearning.
More information on resources, professional workshops and other opportunities is available at www.abdn.ac.uk/cad
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018