A University of Aberdeen lecturer has received a prestigious award from the International Association for Dental Research (IADR).
Dr Svetislav Zaric, from the Aberdeen Dental School, was selected as the recipient of the 2013 IADR Lion Dental Research Award, in recognition of his achievements in the field of periodontology.
The award, which is supported by the Lion Corporation of Tokyo, recognises outstanding and innovative research in basic dental science as well as research achievements for improvement and development of oral care products for the prevention of oral diseases.
Dr Zaric recently travelled to Seattle where he was presented with his award at the IADR General Session and Exhibition by Takashi Yamamoto, the director of oral care research laboratories, Lion Corporation.
Commenting on his award, he said: “I am delighted to have been selected for this award and it is a huge honour to be recognised for achievements in my field. I have been working in this area for many years and this award will act as a great motivation tool for all my further research projects.
The International Association for Dental Research (IADR) is an organisation with more than 12000 members worldwide.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018