Hundreds of women were piped out on an annual fundraising walk by a University of Aberdeen cancer specialist whose research will benefit from the event.
More than 800 women took part in the Moonlight Prowl at Fraserburgh on Saturday to raise cash for studies into the prevention and treatment of breast cancer at the University of Aberdeen and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Professor Steve Heys, Head of the University’s Division of Applied Medicine and an honorary consultant surgeon in the University of Aberdeen and NHS Grampian, heads up the research programmes that will benefit from the charity walk and have benefited already from previous Prowls.
The Professor and his Highland pipe band, Strathcona Pipes, piped out the ladies while University Principal and Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Diamond opened the event.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018