A North-east Scotland bakery firm has been recognised for its commitment to the development of health conscious products.
JG Ross won ‘The Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health Award for a company showing commitment to healthy eating’, at this year’s Grampian Food Forum Innovation Awards.
The annual awards – which are in their 22nd year - celebrate new product innovations developed by food and drink companies based in Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen and Moray.
Winners were announced by Mr Peter Marks, Chief Executive of the Cooperative Group, at the Grampian Food Forum Innovation Awards Presentation Dinner at the Thainstone Exchange, near Inverurie on Thursday March 15.
For a number of years the Rowett has been working to encourage companies to embrace innovation, and the opportunities presented by healthy eating in their product range.
In addition to its key research programmes undertaken for the Scottish Government, the Rowett is a focal point for a number of national initiatives for food and drink.
Dr Alan Rowe, Food & Drink Industry Specialist at the University, said “Healthy eating products benefit not only the consumer but also the bottom line of the companies and winning this award is a great way for companies to raise their profile in this fast emerging market.
“We highly commend JG Ross for their work in their Ola Oatcakes range which has secured them this accolade”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018