The University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health is pleased to be once again sponsoring a category in the 22nd annual Grampian Food Forum Innovation Awards, which reward food and drink companies based in Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen and Moray for their new product innovations.
The category sponsored by the Rowett seeks to recognise companies who have shown a commitment to healthy eating, both in their products and in their company strategy.
Winners will be announced by Mr Peter Marks, Chief Executive of the Cooperative Group, at the Grampian Food Forum Innovation Awards Presentation Dinner at the Thainstone EXchange, near Inverurie on Thursday March 15, 2012.
For a number of years the Rowett has been working to encourage companies to embrace innovation, and the opportunities presented by healthy eating in their product range.
In addition to its key research programmes undertaken for the Scottish Government, the Rowett is a focal point for a number of national initiatives for food and drink.
Dr Alan Rowe, Food & Drink Industry Specialist at the University, said “Healthy eating products benefit not only the consumer but also the bottom line of the companies and winning this award is a great way for companies to raise their profile in this fast emerging market.”
Further information and application forms can be obtained from Aberdeenshire Council web site http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/support/food/events/gff_innovation_awards2012.asp
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018