'Your partner of choice' proved the perfect theme for the University’s engagement in Offshore Europe 2011, attracting unprecedented interest among the thousands of oil and gas representatives from across the globe who flocked to the three-day event at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Academic, research and innovation, and student recruitment colleagues spent three hectic days showcasing the University’s portfolio of undergraduate and professional development opportunities in petroleum geology, exploration and production, all branches of engineering including subsea and safety, economics, oil and gas law and other business studies.
The University’s research strength - and the significant opportunities it offers the industry - was also heavily discussed on the stand, and through intensive networking over the three days.
Highlights of our participation included:
- The launch, for an invited audience, of the University’s new Centre for Energy Law www.abdn.ac.uk/energylaw
- An event on the University’s partnership with Henley Business School http://abdn.ac.uk/news/archive-details-9960.php
- The launch of Energeia – a new magazine highlighting how the University is working with the offshore industry to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow www.abdn.ac.uk/energy/energeia
- Advance promotion for the new book by Professor Alex Kemp, entitled The Official History of North Sea Oil and Gas, which will be available later this month.
- Promotion of new initiatives developed especially to meet industry need, such as ExploHUB http://www.abdn.ac.uk/explohub
- Contributions to presentations and events hosted by organisations including ACSEF (Aberdeen City and Shire Economic Forum)
Professor Albert Rodger, Vice-Principal for External Affairs, described the event as a great success for the University, saying: “This has been a week of intense activity in which we have done a lot of business, developed existing relationships, made many new ones, and have many exciting opportunities to follow up.
“Our Strategic Plan identifies energy as a key priority, and commits us to continuing to work with the hydrocarbon industry, including building the workforce for the future and finding the solutions to the technical and other challenges ahead. At the same time we are expanding our expertise in the science and technology of renewable energy, and in engineering innovation.”
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018