Pupils from across Aberdeen city and Aberdeenshire will attend the University of Aberdeen’s So you want to be a doctor? day as they seek to learn more about the medical profession.
Pupils in S4 will take part in an interactive trauma session and will test their nerves at a stimulated keyhole surgery. Pupils will view a demonstration of the 3D Anatomy Projection Suite followed by an interactive session using models, CT scans, MRI scans and other anatomical learning aids to discover the internal organisation of the human body and how it may be altered in disease or trauma.
More than 100 S4 pupils from schools including Buckie High School, Elgin High School, Harlaw Academy and Peterhead Academywill be at King’s College on Thursday 8 September or Friday 9 September to learn how to best prepare for applying to medicine.
Shawn Webster, Reach Project Officer and event organiser at the University of Aberdeen, said “This is a great opportunity for school students to discover what it’s like to study medicine at university, and gives them a chance to meet doctors and learn about their specialities.
“We’re delighted to be working with the medical school in delivering an event which we hope will inspire school pupils from all backgrounds to seriously consider studying medicine at university”
Rona Patey, acting Head of Division of Medical Education said, “We are thrilled so many aspiring doctors will be joining us for our exciting programme of workshops and we hope after today they will seriously consider studying medicine with us in a few years time.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018