A University of Aberdeen professor was presented to His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh at The Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Professor John Forrester, Cockburn Chair of Ophthalmology, was part of a group of Scottish based doctors and scientists who met the Duke of Edinburgh, the patron of the charity Action Medical Research, earlier this month.
The group, who are currently funded by the charity, presented their work to 100 assembled guests and His Royal Highness.
The event was held in the Throne Room and Evening Drawing Room at the Palace to launch the charity’s new major donor appeal in Scotland.
Professor Forrester said “This was a wonderful event. The opportunity to present the work of the University of Aberdeen Cornea Transplantation Research Group to HRH Prince Phillip, funded by Action Medical Research, was truly exciting and the feedback from the guests and donors was extremely rewarding.
“It will spur us onward in our efforts find cures to blinding diseases of the cornea.”
Richard Price, the Chair of Action Medical Research, added: “This was a very successful evening; we are very proud to be funding Professor Forester’s exciting work and this was a tremendous opportunity to be able to showcase our research to an influential audience.”
Over the last 30 years, Action Medical Research has invested over £6 million in more than 70 projects in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and St Andrews and also awarded 12 Research Training Fellowships in Scotland.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018