This year’s Plexus Industrial Safety Lecture at the University of Aberdeen will explore how protecting workers’ level of attention and concentration might help to prevent workplace accidents.
Leading industrial safety expert Dr Mica Endsley from America is giving the lecture at the Linklater Rooms at King’s College on Tuesday May 17 between 2pm and 3.30pm.
Dr Endsley specialises in designing work environments, for example flight decks and control rooms to maximise ‘situation awareness’. This is awareness and anticipation in the workplace – a skill known to be crucial for those in high pressured risky environments such as offshore installations, ships, aircraft, hospitals and military settings.
Professor Rhona Flin, Director of the University’s Industrial Psychology Research Centre, has organised the talk which is open to anyone with specific interest in industrial safety.
She said: “Dr Mica Endsley is the leading authority on situation awareness, having conducted seminal research showing the importance of this skill for pilots and other safety-critical professions. She will discuss how situation awareness can be supported in high risk work settings by the use of training and design interventions”.
The talk titled Situation Awareness Research and Design in Complex System is sponsored by Plexus Ocean System, an Aberdeen oil and gas service company which focuses on designing drilling equipment and procedures to help avoid unsafe practices and minimise the consequences of human error.
To reserve a place email Wendy Booth on email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018