Judith Macgregor HM Ambassador to Mexico, visited the campus on Thursday March 10 to discuss our growing business and academic links with Mexico and student exchange opportunities.
This followed a visit in March 2010 by Mexico’s Ambassador to the UK, Medina Mora, and a visit to the City by President Felipe Calderon in March 2009.
The University’s links with the Mexican oil and gas industry include MSc, PhD and ExploHUB students from the national oil company PEMEX in subsea engineering and exploration geoscience with a particular focus on deep water.
Several University research staff are active in Mexico, and we also have student exchanges in Hispanic Studies and other related programmes.
Photo shows left to right Professor Gordon Walkden (Deputy Head of College), Dr Richard Neilson (School of Engineering), Mark Critchley (NSRI), HM Ambassador to Mexico Judith Macgregor, Dr Trevor Stack (School of Language & Literature), Gordon Keir (SDI)
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018