An Aberdeen academic has been honoured by the transport industry for her research which has fed into the transport debate in Scotland.
Dr Jillian Anable from the University of Aberdeen’s Centre for Transport Research received the accolade of Young Transport Professional of the Year at the Scottish Transport Awards.
The awards, which are now in their eighth year, honour the best of Scotland’s transport industry, recognising excellence, innovation and progress across all areas of the sector.
Dr Anable was awarded for her research which includes:
* A Scottish Government-funded study to assess the impact of transport policies - including road pricing, parking charges and travel planning - on climate change. This research inputted into the recent draft Scottish Government’s Report on Proposals and Policies as part of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act.
* An evaluation of the effectiveness of initiatives in seven Scottish towns – including Dundee, Kirkwall and Glasgow – to encourage people to make more environmentally conscious transport choices.
The award was judged by a panel of key industry figures including Transport Times publisher and former government adviser, Professor David Begg and Chief Executive of Transport Scotland, David Middleton.
Dr Anable said: “I am very pleased to have my work awarded in this way, particularly the recognition of the relevance of our work to transport policy and practice.”
Dr Anable received her accolade at the award ceremony which took place at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow last Thursday (November 18).
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018