A University of Aberdeen student has been awarded a prestigious prize for his innovative technological concept.
Fawad Khalid Khan – who graduated from the University in July with a degree in electrical and electronics engineering - scooped first place in the undergraduate category of the Thales Scottish Technology Prize 2010.
Now in its third year, this year’s competition theme was product engineering.
60 applicants from across Scottish universities submitted entries outlining ideas for new technologies to enable new products or develop existing ones.
Fawad’s concept for a low cost and efficient system for monitoring or surveillance purposes, secured him the top prize of £1000 and a trophy.
He was presented with his accolade at a ceremony at Thales Optronics Site in Glasgow on October 13.
For more information visit: www.scottishtechnologyprize.com/previous-winners/
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018