Four University of Aberdeen engineering students have been awarded prizes for their academic efforts.
Each year the University’s School of Engineering asks fourth year students studying for Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degrees to present a poster on their project work.
Winners are chosen from the University’s four engineering disciplines and awarded a certificate and a cash prize of £150.
The winner of the Mechanical Engineering prize – which is sponsored by Thales UK, a major player in the UK domestic market and one of the main suppliers to the UK Ministry of Defence – was Thiruprakassh Suppiah.
The winner of the Electrical and Electronic prize – also sponsored by Thales – was Fawad Khan.
Meruyert Bukharbayeva scooped the Chemical Engineering prize and Mahesa Bhawanin won the Civil Engineering prize. Both of these prizes are sponsored by the Aberdeen Members Group of the Institution of Chemical Engineers and the Aberdeen Association of Civil Engineers.
The winners received their awards at a presentation ceremony held at the Fraser Noble building on Thursday May 20.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018