Energy industry specialist Jacquelynn Craw and distinguished businessman and entrepreneur Dr Maitland Mackie CBE have been elected onto key positions on the University’s governing body.
University graduates and certain sections of academic staff voted for both to serve as General Council Assessors to the University Court – a role which sees them representing the University’s graduate body.
It is a re-election for Ms Craw who has just completed a four year term as a General Council Assessor. An Aberdeen graduate, she is Legal Manager and Company Secretary of Fairfield Energy Ltd – an independent UK oil and gas company based in Aberdeen and London.
Fellow Aberdeen graduate Dr Mackie - Chairman of Mackie’s Ltd which produces the market leading ice cream - recently retired from 10 years as a lay member of University Court.
Ms Craw said: “My own years at the University of Aberdeen have convinced me that a person’s educational experience has an enormously beneficial influence on their life. Aberdeen is a special University and one that we as graduates should ensure is preserved for future generations of students.
“It has been an honour to represent the graduate community and I am delighted that I will be able to continue to do so.”
Dr Mackie added: “Over the past decade we have see the University undergo a transformation in its fortunes.
“I am keen to build on the success of the last decade and see the University become one of the world’s truly great institutions.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018