Ongoing efforts to build further links between Aberdeen scientists and the local biotechnology sector switch up a gear today.
The University of Aberdeen is hosting its first Connecting with Industry showcase which brings together researchers and representatives from pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies from across the UK.
The event has been organised by the Industrial Liaison Group of the University's College of Life Sciences and Medicine and takes place at the Institute of Medical Sciences.
Dr Heather Wallace, Chair of the Industrial Liaison Group, said: "This is the first of what will become an annual event which will help promote Aberdeen's academic excellence.
"It will also showcase some of our spin out companies and let visitors to the University see some of our flagship facilities."
A series of short presentations are planned which include sessions from researchers already working on drug discovery and on new technologies for medical conditions.
Dr Wallace added: "To remain internationally competitive in these difficult times it is vitally important that companies, both local and global, have ready access to Scotland's world class life sciences research.
"Our Connecting with Industry showcase event is specifically designed to facilitate networking and research collaboration with the University's academic base.
"We are also delighted to welcome to our event a group of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies that includes Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline as well as local 'stars' such as Novabiotics, Antoxis and GT Biologics."
The event is expected to attract representatives from industry, Scottish Enterprise, Aberdeen City Council, local biotech companies and academia.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018