The University of Aberdeen is set to deliver business courses in India after strengthening its ties in South Asia.
The University's Business School today (Friday, April 24) signed a new agreement with Bangalore Management Academy to deliver its Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme.
The initiative, which will see students begin study in September, builds on the successful delivery of an LLM (Law) degree in Bangalore by the University's Law School.
Indian students will have the opportunity to visit Scotland as part of the Bangalore MBA, which will be taught and assessed by Aberdeen staff.
Professor Angela Black, Head of the Business School said: "It has long been recognised by the Scottish Government and universities that Scotland's excellent education provision has a great deal to offer to all students.
"We want to enable those students who do not have the opportunity to travel to Scotland to have the same educational benefits as those who can. So we are delighted to be part of a collaborative arrangement that will facilitate the delivery of the MBA programmes overseas."
Mr Ajith Thacholi, Executive Director of the Bangalore Mangaement Academy, said he was "looking forward to a long and productive relationship" with the University.
Professor Chris Gane, Vice-Principal and Head of the College of Arts and Social Sciences added: "This is an excellent opportunity for us to promote collaboration with institutions in India which ultimately promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge between our two countries. We look forward to meeting the students in September."
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018