Students with an interest in creative writing are being invited to enter a competition that celebrates the legacy of one of Scotland's greatest writers.
Sponsored by the Lewis Grassic Gibbon Centre, the Literary Lights Creative Writing competition is open to all registered students at the University of Aberdeen.
Now in its second year, the competition invites entries in either prose fiction or creative non-fiction that address in some way the themes of time and change.
These themes were a deep preoccupation for Lewis Grassic Gibbon, who was profoundly shaped by the landscape, language and culture of his native north east of Scotland.
A £100 prize is available for the best written prose, with April 30th as the deadline for submissions.
Entries are free, but no more than two pieces may be submitted.
The length of each entry must not exceed 3000 words (excluding the title), and a word count must be included in the document.
Entries must be original and not previously published.
Entries must include an email contact address and the entrant’s Student ID number.
Entries should be formatted as follows: 12pt font, 1.5 or double spaced.
An entrant submitting two entries shall be eligible to win only one of the prizes.
All entries will be read anonymously by three judges and the winner agreed on by consensus.
The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence, or comment on individual entries, can be entered into.
Submission of entry implies acceptance of the rules and failure to comply with the rules may result in disqualification.
30 April 2018
Please send entries and all enquiries to Professor Alison Lumsden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018