An award-winning University startup has won nearly £100,000 to help fund the development of its new product.
Innovate UK, the UK’s Innovation Agency, has awarded RAB-Microfluidics a grant of £95,771 to help develop ‘lab-on-a-chip’ technology that aims to dramatically reduce maintenance and repair costs for heavy equipment.
The project - ‘developing microfluidic lab-on-a-chip demonstrator for onsite lubricating oil analysis’ - is a collaborative project between RAB-Microfluidics and its new product development partner, Wideblue Limited.
Wideblue Limited are a Glasgow based new product design and manufacturing company with expertise in designing new technology, market ready products .
The funding comes as further good news for RAB-Microfluidics , following its success at the University Startup World Cup, an international competition held to recognise innovation and entrepreneurship.
As well as beating 70 other entrants to take the top prize, RAB-Microfluidics came out on top in the competition’s High-Tech category.
RAB-Microfluidics was formed by Rotimi Alabi, a former PhD student in the School of Geosciences, who is receiving support through the University’s ABVenture Zone to develop the business.
Welcoming the funding award from Innovate UK, Rotimi said: “We are delighted to win funding for our development project, which began at the start of December.
“The project has a nine month duration that will allow us to develop a prototype so that we can demonstrate the value of our technology to potential customers and investors.
“This is a very exciting time for us, and I am looking forward to the challenge ahead as we aim to take our business to the next level.”
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018