Dr Wendy Russell from the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute was named Food and Drink Scientist of the Year at a prestigious award ceremony last night (Thursday).
The Food and drink Federation (FDF) Awards celebrate the success of the food and drink manufacturing industry and the dedication of those who work in it.
An expert panel of judges drew up shortlists of finalists who highlight the innovation, hard work and commitment of those working in the food and drink sector.
Dr Russell was shortlisted in the Food and Drink Scientist of the Year category alongside representatives from Mars Chocolate Uk and Victor’s Drinks, and was named the winner at last night’s ceremony, which was held at The Brewery in London.
Dr Russell said: “I am delighted to receive this honour and for the recognition of the work I do with the food and drink industry.
“It is important for me to work with my food and drink partners, as we face new challenges together and ensure that we provide healthy and sustainable food that people want to eat.
“My research is helping to understand what is in food that keeps us healthy and I'm working to deliver new opportunities for the food and drink industry both on a local and global level. Scotland has a fantastic larder of produce and my work within SEFARI contributes towards making the most of this, but I'm also working with food producers in Brazil and Malawi.”
The Food and Drink Federation (FDF) is the voice of the food and drink manufacturing industry – the UK's largest manufacturing sector. For more information about FDF visit: www.fdf.org.uk
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018