The University of Aberdeen's star athletes enjoyed a hugely successful BUCS Outdoor Athletics Championships, with a haul of three medals.
Of the nine Aberdeen athletes that attended the event, Zoey Clark, Daniel Rees and Kelsey Stewart finished on the podium.
Zoey Clark, the University’s John Robertson sports scholar, took gold in the Women’s 400m, with team mate Kelsey Stewart, a University Development Trust sports bursar, taking the bronze.
The win is Zoey’s second BUCS gold, after winning the 200m in the Indoor Championships. Overall, during her time at the University of Aberdeen she has also won bronze in the 60m Indoor and three bronze medals in the 400m Outdoors.
Both Zoey and Kelsey remain in the mix for Scotland’s Commonwealth team for 2018.
Meanwhile, Daniel Rees, the University’s Quita Shivas sports scholar, ran a personal best in the men’s 400m hurdles , to take the silver medal.
Head of Sport at the University of Aberdeen, Donald Pirie, said: “I’m delighted for all nine of our athletes who competed at the BUCS Outdoors, and of course it is particularly pleasing that three of our sports bursars and scholars have finished among the medals.
“Standards at national events like BUCS are very high and it is great to see all our athletes building reputations for themselves, and for the University. The medal wins are just reward for Zoey, Daniel and Kelsey’s tremendous efforts, and they act as great inspiration for the rest of the team going forward.”
The result comes in the same week that Sports Science at the University of Aberdeen was named among the Top 10 sports science undergraduate courses in the UK, according to a poll by TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018