Robert Beale Correspondence published online
The Robert Beale Correspondence Project, directed by Dr Andrew Gordon, has now published the University of Aberdeen's Beale Papers online. The project is a collaboration with Early Modern Letters Online, based at the University of Oxford, and along with digital images of all the mansucripts, includes detailed bibliographical descriptions and...
CEMS Phd success
Congratulations are due to CEMS student Julia Kotzur (English) who passed her viva just before Christmas and was awarded her phd subject to minor corrections. Julia's thesis investigated sacramental eating and Galenic humouralism in the drama of Shakespeare and Jonson and was supervised by Dr Thomas Rist.
A series of event to mark the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death
Call for Papers: 'What legacy shall I bequeath to thee?' - Shakespeare in the Context of his Time
An Interdisciplinary Graduate and Early Career Symposium on 22 October 2016 - Call for Papers
New CEMS Publication. Women and Epistolary Agency in Early Modern Culture, 1450 1690
A new collection of essays has been published by Routledge edited by CEMS Co-Director Andrew Gordon, and James Daybell (plymouth). Entitled Women and Epistolary Agency in Early Modern Culture, 1450-1690, the collection features studies of women letter writers, and of the roles of women in letter-writing codes, practices and rhetoric....
New CEMS publication. Cultures of Correspondence in Early Modern Britain
CEMS is happy to announce the publication of Cultures of Correspondence in Early Modern Britain edited by CEMS Co-director Andrew Gordon, and James Daybell. Published by University of Pennsylvania Press in the Material Texts series (Gen. eds. Roger Chartier and Peter Stallybrass), the volume brings together an international interdisciplinary team of scholars...
New CEMS Publication!
Announcing the new publication of a collaborative volume on the Aberdonian polymath Duncan Liddel (1561-1613).
Volume on Duncan Liddel (1561-1613) published with Brill
Omodeo, Pietro (ed.), with collab. with Karin Friedrich, Duncan Liddel (1561-1613). Networks of Polymathy and the Northern European Renaissance (Leiden: Brill, 2016)
Grammar Wars of the 1500s
New publication by Rachel McGregor
Sandra Cardarelli, Emily-Jane Anderson and John Richards eds. Art and Identity: Visual Culture, Politics and Religion in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars 2012).
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items for February 2017
- Mar There are no items for March 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jun There are no items for June 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Aug There are no items for August 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2015
- Feb There are no items for February 2015
- Mar There are no items for March 2015
- Apr There are no items for April 2015
- May There are no items for May 2015
- Jun There are no items for June 2015
- Jul There are no items for July 2015
- Aug There are no items for August 2015