University email service Outlook, part of Office 365
The email and calendaring service for registered undergraduate and taught postgraduate students is Outlook on the web, hosted by Microsoft Office 365.
You can access your University email both on and off campus - all you need is a web browser and an internet connection. You will be prompted to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) on first login, please see our IT Account Security Resource for details.
Log into Outlook on the Web (OWA) at www.outlook.com/abdn.ac.uk using firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
Or, if you prefer, you can download the dedicated Outlook App for your Android or iOS device. The videos provide guidance on how to connect your devices.
You can also find guidance on dealing with Junk mail and email etiquette in our Guides section.
Last updated on 21 December 2022
- Turn off AutoComplete in Outlook
- Quick Guide to Email in Outlook Web App
- Junk Mail and SPAM
- Bulk email guidelines
- Creating email signatures
- Creating Inbox rules
For Students (UG & PGT)
- Introduction to Student Email
- Student Email Netiquette
- Outlook on Android
- Outlook on iOS
- Outlook for Mac
For Staff and PGR
- Useful Features in Outlook
- Using Folders in Outlook
- Out of office Automatic Replies
- Using the Global Address List (GAL)
- Adding and Using a Generic Email Account
- Exporting using .pst files
- Outlook Web App: How do I access a shared mailbox?
- Outlook: Set up a Mail Merge for a shared mailbox
- Add a shared mailbox on a mobile device
- Email on Mac using Apple Mail
- Email on Mac using Outlook
- Outlook app for iOS devices
- Outlook app for Android devices
This resource was provided by Training and Documentation.
The Training and Documentation Team publish a range of user guides to help you use University IT facilities and supported software. They also host regular training sessions supporting Microsoft 365 applications including Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, and PowerPoint. These are advertised in the Course Booking System.