Information on using Microsoft Teams
**Keep up to date with New Features in Teams via the Links button**
Teams is available to all registered University of Aberdeen staff and students. External sharing is also possible, allowing you to invite external colleagues (i.e. non ‘abdn’ domain) to be Team members.
A unified communication and collaboration platform, Teams combines workplace messaging, video/audio meetings, file sharing and storage, and app integration. And integration with Office 365 applications allows collaboration in real time. Schedule meetings via the Teams interface or by using Outlook’s Teams plugin.
Teams is on all University managed staff devices. On personal devices, access via any Office 365 app; or download from Microsoft. On mobiles, download the mobile app from your app store.
For training videos and user guides, please use the Links or Guides buttons.
Last updated on 16 September 2021
- Quick start guide from Microsoft
- How do I access Teams?
- Create a Team and Team channels - quick start guide
- Add an external guest to a Team
- Collaboration options - chat, conversations, files, and more
- Using Teams for teaching and learning
- Manage the chat list
- Working with Files
- Add a Team calendar
- FAQs and Top Tips
- Set up a Teams meeting
- Roles and Permissions in Teams Meetings
- Meeting with external colleagues
- Create a meeting in a channel
- Check device settings - speakers, headset, mic, camera
- Using Breakout Rooms in a Meeting
- Using channels as breakout rooms
- Recording meetings
- MS Stream: Working with Teams meeting recordings
- Securely transcribe audio/video recordings
This resource was provided by Training and Documentation.
The Training and Documentation Team publish a range of user guides to help you use University IT facilities and supported software. They also run regular training sessions supporting MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams), and OpenText CMS.