- Exposure to chemical cocktails before or after conception - The effect of timing on ovarian development. Bellingham M, Amezaga MR, Mandon-Pepin B, Speers CJ, Kyle CE, Evans NP, Sharpe RM, Cotinot C, Rhind SM, Fowler PA. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 Aug 25;376(1-2):156-72.
- Peri-conceptional changes in maternal exposure to sewage sludge chemicals disturbs fetal thyroid gland development in sheep. Hombach-Klonisch S, Danescu A, Begum F, Amezaga MR, Rhind SM, Sharpe RM, Evans NP, Bellingham M, Cotinot C, Mandon-Pepin B, Fowler PA, Klonisch T. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 Mar 10;367(1-2):98-108.
- Steroidogenic enzyme expression in the human fetal liver and potential role in the endocrinology of pregnancy. O'Shaughnessy PJ, Monteiro A, Bhattacharya S, Fraser MJ, Fowler PA. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013 Mar;19(3):177-87.
- Impact of sublethal levels of environmental pollutants found in sewage sludge on a novel Caenorhabditis elegans model biosensor. McLaggan D, Amezaga MR, Petra E, Frost A, Duff EI, Rhind SM, Fowler PA, Glover LA, Lagido C. PLoS One. 2012;7(10):e46503.
- Effects of exposure to environmental chemicals during pregnancy on the development of the male and female reproductive axes. Bellingham M, Fiandanese N, Byers A, Cotinot C, Evans NP, Pocar P, Amezaga MR, Lea RG, Sinclair KD, Rhind SM, Fowler PA. Reprod Domest Anim. 2012 Aug;47 Suppl 4:15-22.
- Foetal and post-natal exposure of sheep to sewage sludge chemicals disrupts sperm production in adulthood in a subset of animals. Bellingham M, McKinnell C, Fowler PA, Amezaga MR, Zhang Z, Rhind SM, Cotinot C, Mandon-Pepin B, Evans NP, Sharpe RM. Int J Androl. 2012, 35:317-329.
- Impact of endocrine-disrupting compounds (EDCs) on female reproductive health. Fowler PA, Bellingham M, Sinclair KD, Evans NP, Pocar P, Fischer B, Schaedlich K, Schmidt JS, Amezaga MR, Bhattacharya S, Rhind SM, O'Shaughnessy PJ. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012, 355:231-239.
- Di(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP) Impairs Female Fertility and Promotes Adipogenesis in C3H/N Mice. Schmidt JS, Schaedlich K, Fiandanese N, Pocar P, Fischer B. Environ Health Perspect. 2012, 120:1123-1129.
- Effects of polychlorinated biphenyls in CD-1 mice: reproductive toxicity and intergenerational transmission. Pocar P, Fiandanese N, Secchi C, Berrini A, Fischer B, Schmidt JS, Schaedlich K, Rhind SM, Zhang Z, Borromeo V. Toxicol Sci. 2012 Mar; 126(1):213-26.
- Exposure to di(2-ethyl-hexyl) phthalate (DEHP) in utero and during lactation causes long-term pituitary-gonadal axis disruption in male and female mouse offspring. Pocar P, Fiandanese N, Secchi C, Berrini A, Fischer B, Schmidt JS, Schaedlich K, Borromeo V. Endocrinology. 2012 Feb; 153(2):937-48.
- Novel aspects of endometrial function: a biological sensor of embryo quality and driver of pregnancy success. Sandra O, Mansouri-Attia N, Lea RG Reproduction, Fertility and Development, 24, 1-12, 2012
- Risk assessment of the use of PAS100 green composts in Scottish livestock production. Hough RL, Booth P, Avery L, Rhind SM, Crews C., Bacon J, Campbell CD, Tompkins D. Waste Manage. Sept. 201232:117-130.
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals affect the adipogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells in distinct ontogenetic windows. Biemann R, Navarrete Santos A, Navarrete Santos A, Riemann D, Knelangen J, Blüher M, Koch H, Fischer B. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012 Jan 13; 417(2):747-52.
- Maternal cigarette smoking and effects on androgen action in male offspring: unexpected effects on second-trimester anogenital distance. Fowler PA, Bhattacharya S, Flannigan S, Drake AJ, O'Shaughnessy PJ. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Sep;96(9):E1502-6.
- Maternal smoking and fetal sex significantly affect metabolic enzyme expression in the human fetal liver. O'Shaughnessy PJ, Monteiro A, Bhattacharya S, Fowler PA. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Sep;96(9):2851-60.
- Identification of stable endogenous reference genes for real-time PCR in the human fetal gonad using an external standard technique. O'Shaughnessy PJ, Monteiro A, Fowler PA. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011 Oct;17(10):620-5.
- Development of steroid signaling pathways during primordial follicle formation in the human fetal ovary. Fowler PA, Anderson RA, Saunders PT, Kinnell H, Mason JI, Evans DB, Bhattacharya S, Flannigan S, Franks S, Monteiro A, O'Shaughnessy PJ. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Jun;96(6):1754-62.
- Endocrinology of the mammalian fetal testis. O'Shaughnessy PJ, Fowler PA. Reproduction. 2011 Jan;141(1):37-46.
- Estrogen-independent actions of environmentally relevant AhR-agonists in human endometrial epithelial cells. Willing C, Peich M, Danescu A, Kehlen A, Fowler PA, Hombach-Klonisch S. Mol Hum Reprod. 2011 Feb;17(2):115-26.
- MicroRNA expression profile during adipogenic differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Knelangen JM, van der Hoek MB, Kong WC, Owens JA, Fischer B, Santos AN. Physiol Genomics. 2011 May 1;43(10):611-20.
- Effect of duration of exposure to sewage sludge-treated pastures on liver tissue accumulation of persistent endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) in sheep. Rhind SM, Kyle CE, Kerr C, Osprey M, Zhang ZL. Sci Total Environ. 2011 Sep 1;409(19):3850-6.
- Optimized determination of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and polychlorinated biphenyls in sheep serum by solid-phase extraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Zhang Z, Rhind SM. Talanta. 2011 Apr 15;84(2):487-93.
- Simultaneous extraction and clean-up of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and polychlorinated biphenyls from sheep liver tissue by selective pressurized liquid extraction and analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Zhang Z, Ohiozebau E, Rhind SM. J Chromatogr A. 2011 Feb 25;1218(8):1203-9.
- Selective pressurized liquid extraction of estrogenic compounds in soil and analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Zhang Z, Rhind SM, Kerr C, Osprey M, Kyle CE. Anal Chim Acta. 2011 Jan 24;685(1):29-35.
- Maternal and fetal tissue accumulation of selected endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) following exposure to sewage sludge-treated pastures before or after conception. Rhind SM, Kyle CE, Mackie C, McDonald L, Zhang Z, Duff EI, Bellingham M, Amezaga MR, Mandon-Pepin B, Loup B, Cotinot C, Evans NP, Sharpe RM, Fowler PA. J Environ Monit. 2010 Aug 5;12(8):1582-93.
- Effects of environmental pollutants on the reproduction and welfare of ruminants. Rhind SM, Evans NP, Bellingham M, Sharpe RM, Cotinot C, Mandon-Pepin B, Loup B, Sinclair KD, Lea RG, Pocar P, Fischer B, van der Zalm E, Hart K, Schmidt JS, Amezaga MR, Fowler PA. Animal. 2010 Jul;4(7):1227-1239
- A simple method to sort ESC-derived adipocytes. Schaedlich K, Knelangen JM, Navarrete Santos A, Fischer B, Navarrete Santos A. Cytometry A. 2010 Oct;77(10):990-5
- Dietary regulation of developmental programming in ruminants: epigenetic modifications in the germline. Sinclair KD, Karamitri A, Gardner DS Soc Reprod Fertil Suppl. 67: 59-72. 2010
- Geographic variation in tissue accumulation of endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) in grazing sheep. Rhind SM, Kyle CE, Mackie C, Yates K, Duff EI. Environ Pollut. 2011 Feb;159(2):416-22. Epub 2010 Nov 12.
- Pregnant ewes exposed to multiple endocrine disrupting pollutants through sewage sludge-fertilized pasture show an anti-estrogenic effect in their trabecular bone. Lind PM, Oberg D, Larsson S, Kyle CE, Orberg J, Rhind SM. Sci Total Environ. 2010 May 1;408(11):2340-6. Epub 2010 Mar 4.
- PLE and GC-MS determination of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in soils. Zhang ZL, Shanmugam M, Rhind, SM. Chromatographia. 2010 July 30. 72 535-543.
- Anthropogenic pollutants: a threat to ecosystem sustainability? Rhind SM. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009 Nov 27;364(1534):3391-401
- Effect of the early-life nutritional environment on fecundity and fertility of mammals. Gardner DS, Ozanne SE, Sinclair KD. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 364:3419-27.2009
- Assisted reproductive technology, epigenetics, and long-term health: a developmental time bomb still ticking. Grace KS, Sinclair KD. Semin Reprod Med. 27: 409-16. 2009
- Accumulation of endocrine disrupting compounds in sheep fetal and maternal liver tissue following exposure to pastures treated with sewage sludge. Rhind SM, Kyle CE, Mackie C, McDonald L. J Environ Monit. 2009 Aug;11(8):1469-76. Epub 2009 Jun 12.
- Exposure to pastures fertilised with sewage sludge disrupts bone tissue homeostasis in sheep. Lind PM, Gustafsson M, Hermsen SA, Larsson S, Kyle CE, Orberg J, Rhind SM. Sci Total Environ. 2009 Mar 15;407(7):2200-8. Epub 2009 Jan 21.
- Developmental programming of reproduction and fertility: what is the evidence? Gardner, DS, Lea, RG,Sinclair, KD Animal 2: 1128-1134. 2008
- The potential for use of gastropod molluscs as bioindicators of endocrine disrupting compounds in the terrestrial environment. Hall CM, Rhind SM, Wilson MJ. J Environ Monit. 2009 Mar;11(3):491-7. Epub 2008 Dec 24.
- McKinlay R., O'Shaughnessy P.J., Sharpe R.M., Fowler P.A. (2012) In utero exposure to environmental chemicals: lessons from maternal cigarette smoking and its effects on gonad development and puberty. IN: Contemporary Endocrinology (series Ed P.M. Conn): Edocrine Disruptors and Puberty, pp. 11-48, Eds. E Diamantia-Kandarakis & A.C. Gore, Humana Press, London.