Last modified: 27 Feb 2018 13:46
This course provides the opportunity to engage in an extended, context-specific classroom-based (action) research project to enhance the learning of pupils, self and others. Aligning with aspects of current discourse in education, participants will demonstrate a respect for evidence, in turn evaluating the impact of their project on self/others. Through an enquiry based approach participants will work with others (in learning communities) to identify and carry forward their professional knowledge in a specialist area of interest with a particular emphasis on pupil learning gains.
|Session||First Sub Session||Credit Points||30 credits (15 ECTS credits)|
· Extending KU of topic area
· Planning a workplace based intervention - identifying a focus and rationale; development planning; implementation and reporting
· Research methodology (including evidence gathering and pupil gains)
· Reporting and disseminating findings
· Being a member of a professional learning community – ways of working
· Linking area of study to workplace based CPD action plan
· Professional interactions - learning conversations
· Engagement in e-learning discussion areas
Information on contact teaching time is available from the course guide.
1st attempt: The task for summative assessment will require participants to plan, implement and evaluate a workplace intervention linked to their focus area and linked to measurement of pupil learning gains. Summative assessment will be based on submission of a 6000 word report of the work undertaken, along with associated supporting materials generated which will be submitted as a portfolio of evidence. Resit: There will be one opportunity to resubmit the work completed, as revised, to take account of identified inadequacies in the original.
There are no assessments for this course.