Find out how different parts of the body communicate with each other on this free online course
Why is communication so important inside the human body?
This course will show you how the body’s communication system works, and how individual components produce energy.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Time commitment: 4 hours per week
- Cost: Free (Upgrade available)
- Next start date: 14th May 2018
- Join course
On the course, you will:
- Learn about the key energy pathways used inside the body, and how different elements communicate effectively.
- Find out about the biomolecules involved in communication, and the role of endocrinology and immunology.
- Understand how the body regulates itself, and improve your knowledge of disease development and prevention.
What topics will you cover?
- How does the body produce energy?
- Why is communication important in the body?
- The key communication pathways used by the body
- Biomolecules used in communication
- How the body regulates itself
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explain the importance of communication between different components of the body
- Classify and describe the key molecules involved in endocrinological and immunological processes
- Describe the key pathways involved in energy production
- Describe the role of endocrinology and immunology within the body
- Describe the importance of homeostasis and synthesise examples of when and how this process is used in the body
You can use the hashtag #FLwhatdrivesthebody to talk about this course on social media.