Support and Resources

Support and Resources

Below you’ll find an overview of some of the University's essential services that you may need as you begin your studies.

ID card collection

You must set up your IT Account and complete Online Registration before your student ID card can be produced.

Check this link for where to get your ID card.

Students in the Qatar campus can pick their student ID cards up from the Student Hub.


Can’t find the answer to a question? Ask the Infohub! The team give general information and advice, as well as specialist services including: student status letters; bank letters; council tax exemption forms; student record cards; help making payments.

Search the Support Enquiry System for the answer to a variety of frequently asked questions or email


Payments for tuition fees and accommodation, setting up instalment plans, and lots of other useful information on finance can be found on the Making a Payment web page.

More online support can be found at: 


Registry Officers can be a great 'first point of call' and source of support for students who have concerns about their programme of study. Visit this web page for a list of email address to help you.

Find out more by visiting the FAQ page

IT Support
Service Desk and IT Support
If you have any IT issues while studying with us, our IT Service Desk is here to help.
  • Log in to, where you can:
    • Chat with us during working hours
    • View self-help solutions
    • Report an IT issue
    • Or visit us in Elphinstone Hall in the first three weeks of the academic year.
There’s a lot to remember during your first couple of weeks at university, so it’s easy to overlook the IT essentials.To help you out, we’ve put all the important bits of information together, in one place in Toolkit.
IT Essentials
Find out about the IT equipment you need to study with us, including personal computer, reliable internet access, software, etc.
Quick Links
University Accommodation queries

If you have a query or need to speak to someone in the Accommodation Office, please use the contact details below:

t: +44 (0)1224 273502 - ext 3502

MyCurriculum self help

If you need help with an aspect of MyCurriculum, please refer to the MyCurriculum Support System.

  • Please note: Students wishing to transfer degree programme should contact their Registry Officer for assistance.

Essential Course Selection Tools

MyTimetable help and assistance

MyTimetable gives you greater ownership over your academic timetable.

Student Support: Here to Help

Student Advice & Support

Throughout your time at University, Student Support offer free and confidential advice. Supporting you with Money Matters, Health & Wellbeing, Academic Advice, Immigration issues and lots more.

If you require support or wish to speak with a Student Support Adviser please email  If you require an appointment they can offer you a ‘remote meeting’ by telephone or Microsoft Teams.

Disability Service

Supporting students with sensory and physical impairments, long-term health conditions, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)/Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Dyslexia and other specific learning differences (SpLD) and students who have an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).

If you have a disability, specific learning difference like dyslexia, a mental health or long-term health condition and would like support in your studies, our Disability Team offers confidential information, advice and support. You can get in touch with the Team by completing the Offer Holders’ form.  

Counselling Service

Giving you the opportunity to explore issues which are causing you concern or distress to help find a new perspective on a problem or think about options for change.

The University Counselling Service is operating a virtual appointment serviced. Contact to make an appointment.

Multi-Faith Chaplaincy

A place of pastoral care providing support and advice to members of our community in times of stress, crisis, bereavement or illness. Join the student café every Thursday at 11am or email Chaplaincy.

Student Residential Assistants

Supporting the residents of University accommodation in getting the most out of halls and supporting your welfare overnight.


Giving details about the accessibility of all University buildings.

Student Learning Service (SLS)

The Student Learning Service provides support to students, including those with dyslexia and other Specific Learning Differences, for Academic Writing, Academic Skills and Maths. To arrange an online appointment, and to learn more about SLS, please visit their website.

Assistive Technology

Providing you with technology, software and hardware advice to support your learning.

Personal Tutors / Regents / Programme Coordinators (UG and PGT)

You will be assigned a Personal Tutor when you register and invited to meet with them. Students in Medicine and Dentistry will have a Regent.

The aim of the Personal Tutor system is to provide you with a member of academic staff who will be available to you for support and guidance throughout your studies. They will encourage you to reflect on your progress and to take advantage of the opportunities available to you during your studies to enable you to best prepare for future employment or further study.

Students for Student (S4S)

Transition to life at university is a very exciting one, but it can also be challenging and demanding at times. Whatever background you arrive from, we want you to make the most of your first year at university and enjoy your time here.

Students 4 Students (S4S) is here to help you settle into university life with advice and support from fellow students who have been where you are now.

Our S4S Mentors are all fully trained, and are current undergraduate students who are studying within the same school as you.

Out of Hours Support

When on-campus support services are closed you can contact your GP and ask for an emergency appointment, contact the NHS out of hours service on 111 or call 999 in an emergency.

Contacts: Services & Facilities

If you need to contact a department, but don't know where to turn you can find the list of essential contacts at this website.

Immigration and Student Visa

More information on the visa checks, immigration and what you need to bring with you is available on our Immigration and Student Visa pages.