This course is the second placement for the academic session in which students will further develop their professional practice. Students are expected to take full responsibility for the teaching of classes early in the placement.Main Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to:
- further develop their classroom practice for teaching early/first level learners;
- further develop capacities and practise skills that enable them to prepare, plan and implement learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation of pupils' learning and their own professional practice;
- investigate a range of wider aspects of school life through completion of school based study tasks, including the prior learning experiences of learners, and the progression of learning;
- undertake a small-scale professional enquiry project relevant to the setting;
- further develop their understanding of the work of other professionals linked to the context of the field placement;
- demonstrate appropriate communication skills required for the different contexts of becoming a professional teacher in accordance with the GTCS Student Code of Conduct;
- demonstrate all aspects of classroom related competences within the GTCS Provisional Standard for Registration.
Students will further develop teaching practice in the early/first level of the Primary school, and wider aspects of learning and teaching in schools. Supported by university and school mentors, students will increase their responsibility for assessing, designing, implementing, evaluating and reviewing situated learning and teaching experiences for young learners within a range of discrete disciplinary and interdisciplinary contexts.
Valuing themselves as growing professionals, students will take increasing responsibility for professional learning and development, applying the cyclical self-evaluation process and engaging in associated professional enquiry, in accordance with the Standard for Provisional Registration.