Last modified: 05 Aug 2021 13:04
This course will look at
- the French sound system (with the spin-off of helping you to improve your pronunciation).
- word meaning and also speaker meaning (what a speaker means by, e.g., "were you born in a barn?")
- how new words are formed
- how sentences can be analysed
- how French has developed from the Middle Ages up to the present
- how French spread throughout the world (including French-based creoles)
- how French varies according to the person using the language, and the purpose for which they are using it
|Second Sub Session
|15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)
Information on contact teaching time is available from the course guide.
A satisfactory level of performance in coursework will exempt candidates from the examination.
Written or verbal feedback is given. Additional informal feedback on performance and workshop participation is also given. Students are encouraged to seek further feedback on an individual basis.
|ILO’s for this course are available in the course guide.