Last modified: 25 May 2018 11:16
This course will look at
- the French sound system (with the spin-off of helping you to improve your pronunciation).
- word meaning and also speaker meaning (what a speaker means by, e.g., "were you born in a barn?")
- how new words are formed
- how sentences can be analysed
- how French has developed from the Middle Ages up to the present
- how French spread throughout the world (including French-based creoles)
- how French varies according to the person using the language, and the purpose for which they are using it
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
Information on contact teaching time is available from the course guide.
1st attempt: 1 two-hour written examination (100%). A satisfactory level of performance in coursework will exempt candidates from the examination.
Resit: 1 two-hour written examination (100%).
Four written assessments, in weeks 3, 6, 8 and 11.
We have detected that you are have compatibility mode enabled or are using an old version of Internet Explorer. You either need to switch off compatibility mode for this site or upgrade your browser.