Last modified: 25 May 2018 11:16
This course will look at
- the French sound system (with the spin-off of helping you to improve your pronunciation).
- word meaning and also speaker meaning (what a speaker means by, e.g., "were you born in a barn?")
- how new words are formed
- how sentences can be analysed
- how French has developed from the Middle Ages up to the present
- how French spread throughout the world (including French-based creoles)
- how French varies according to the person using the language, and the purpose for which they are using it
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
This is the total time spent in lectures, tutorials and other class teaching.
Resit: 1 two-hour written examination (100%).