Last modified: 31 May 2022 13:05
Risk assessment, the common tools used for (and the legal requirement associated with) risk assessment are covered. Students will have a thorough understanding on the components of good assessment and management of risks, and be familiar with the basic requirement for HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA and the Safety Case.
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
The following modules will be covered in the course:
- Levels of risk assessment
- Assessment tools and legal context
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID) and Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Safety management systems
- Safety integrity levels (SIL)
- Safety Case and Legislative requirement
- Quantified risk assessment.
Information on contact teaching time is available from the course guide.
(i) Assignment (30%)
(ii) Assignment (40%)
(iii) Assignment (30%)
Alternative Resit Assessment
Re-sit of only the failed assessment component(s)
There are no assessments for this course.
|Knowledge Level||Thinking Skill||Outcome|
|Factual||Remember||ILO’s for this course are available in the course guide.|