Last modified: 22 May 2019 17:07
|Session||Full Year||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
|Campus||Old Aberdeen||Sustained Study||No|
Key accounting concepts,
A framework for analysis
Accounting ratio analysis
Common size analysis
Stock market ratios
A framework for forecasting
Financial forecasting models
Issues in analysis
The links between the stock market and accounting
International Energy accounting issues
Information on contact teaching time is available from the course guide.
1. An individual Assessment comprising 40% of the total course marks.
2. A group piece comprising 30% of the total course marks
3. An individual Professional Reflective Review comprising 30% of the course marks.
The individual assessment (1. and 3. above) is as follows:
1. An individual contribution to a theoretical issue, a case issue or work-based issue (2000 words) – 40% of total course marks.
2. A reflective review of lessons learned through participation in the course (1500 words) – 30% of the total course marks.
Material for these individual assessed elements will be obtained through a series of timetabled individual and group activities complemented by directed reading and own research.
The group assessment (2. above) is as follows:
A group activity/challenge – 30% of the total course marks. In undertaking the challenge, and in the preparation of the assessed requirements (see on), students are required to keep minutes of their group meetings and record peer contributions. These minutes along with the reflections on peer contributions peer are reviewed by the assessment team as part of the assessment process.
The group assessed requirements for this course are: a 10 minute group presentation (contributing 10% and a 5 page Report/Briefing Note comprising 20%).
Resit: There is no opportunity to resit the group-based assignment. Students may retake the individual coursework assignments within six weeks of having received a coursework grade of less than D3 together with feedback on performance.
There are no assessments for this course.