Last modified: 28 Jun 2018 10:27
Risk assessment, the common tools used for (and the legal requirement associated with) risk assessment are covered. Students will have a thorough understanding on the components of good assessment and management of risks, and be familiar with the basic requirement for HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA and the Safety Case.
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
The following modules will be covered in the
- Levels of risk assessment
- Assessment tools and legal context
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID) and Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Safety management systems
- Safety integrity levels (SIL)
- Safety Case and Legislative requirement
- Quantified risk assessment.
EG551E is the distance learning course code.
This is the total time spent in lectures, tutorials and other class teaching.
Whole-class feedback will be provided for both coursework assignments and tutorial questions via feedback sessions (campus-based students) and via MyAberdeen (distance learning students). Model answers and marking schemes are provided for selected coursework, tutorial questions and past exam papers. Discussion boards on MyAberdeen are employed for both general queries and specific difficulties associated with problem solving and exam preparation.