Last modified: 16 Nov 2016 17:52
This course is aimed at students who wish to develop a detailed understanding of project management and control practices. Very practical in its focus and assessments, students are introduced to the core elements of project planning and control including the development of detailed project schedules and budgets, the effective planning of project resources, methods for reporting progress, and mechanisms for exerting project control. This course is delivered as a part time distance learning option.
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
Students are introduced to project planning as a management technique. The fundamentals of planning, estimating and project control are explored and the techniques adopted by Project Management Teams to plan activities, estimate their durations, exercise project control, and to assess performance are examined. The control of documentation to satisfy the demands of current industry practice is also explored. The main topics covered are:
· Defining project scope and understanding the role of stakeholders in this process.
· Development of detailed project schedules including the critical path method.
· Project estimating.
· Development of project budgets.
· Progress reporting systems including the use of Earned Value Analysis.
· Project control mechanisms including project crashing.
· Document management systems.
This course is delivered as a part-time distance learning option.
Sorry, we don't have that information available.
Detailed and timely feedback is delivered to students within 2 weeks of assessment completion assuming that assessments were submitted by the deadline.