Last modified: 02 Jul 2014 16:36
|Session||First Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
1. Motivation: definitions. Achievement motivation. The need for achievement. How achievement can guide performance. Intrinsic motivation, extrinsic motivation. Factors which can effect and increase motivation. Factors which can impede motivation. Gender differences.
2. Attitudes. The formation of attitudes. Attitudes and behaviour. Measuring attitudes. Changing attitudes. Stereotyping and discrimination in sport. Female athletes. Black athletes.
3. Arousal. Measuring arousal. Drive theory and the inverted 'U' hypothesis. Anxiety alleviation. Cognitive interventions.
4. Adherence to Exercise Programmes. Limitations. Strategies to improve adherence.
5. Sports Injuries: psychological factors which influence susceptibility to injury and recovery from injury. The role of life events, stress, coping mechanisms. Remaining motivated, injury rehabilitation
Sorry, we don't have that information available.
Resit: 1 one and a half-hour essay examination (70%) and previous in-course assessment (essay) (30%).