Last modified: 02 Jul 2014 16:36
|Session||First Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
1. Introduction: the rise of, and demand for, Sports Psychology. Personality. A definition. Theories. The measurement of personality. The relationship between sport and personality.
2. Sport and Aggression. Aggression on and off the sports field. Factors which increase the likelihood of aggressive behaviour, and measures which can be taken to tackle aggression and antisocial behaviour.
3. Leadership & Coaching. The role of the coach. The personality and leadership style of the coach. The coach-athlete relationship. Coaching for children, novices and elite athletes.4
4. The Sports Team. Define team. Group cohesion. Measuring cohesion. The impact of cohesion on sporting performance.
5. Adherence to Exercise Programmes. Limitations. Strategies to improve adherence: goal setting, exercising with others, intrinsic vs extrinsic rewards.
Sorry, we don't have that information available.