|PLEASE NOTE: Our Printing and Binding services are for University of Aberdeen registered students and staff only.|
The Print Shop is relocating to 23 St. Machar Drive on Wednesday 26th July. To allow a smooth transition the shop will be closed on the 26th, 27th and 28th
We can ease the pressure, by offering a printing service for any thesis submission.
Prices are 6p per black and white page and 35p per colour page
Set your thesis as an A4 document and allow a margin of 35mm on the binding edge and 15mm on all other sides.
We only accept PDF files for printing. Word files will not be accepted. Before submitting your file, please double check everything. Although we will have a general check of page numbers and image quality, we will not check for any spelling/grammar errors. If any thesis/pages have to be reprinted due to an error not duly our fault, this will result in additional charges.
Note: - if using hyperlinks within your document and you would prefer to have these printed as black and not blue as the 'Word' default, please amend the colour of the text accordingly otherwise these pages will be charged as a colour page, 35p per page.
Word for PC the steps are: -
- From the Home tab, click the small icon to the right of the word "Styles". Alternatively, press Alt-Ctrl-Shift-s .
Note: If you have no hyperlinks in your document, Hyperlink will not appear in the Styles menu.
- In the Styles menu, hover your mouse pointer over Hyperlink, and then click the triangle that appears to the right. From the drop-down menu that appears, select Modify... .
- In the "Formatting" section, choose the color you want, and then click OK to save your changes.
Word for Mac OS X the steps are: -
- From the Format menu, select Style... .
- Next to "List:", make sure All styles is selected. In the "Styles:" section, select Hyperlink, and then click Modify... .
- Click Format, and then select Font... .
- From the list under "Font Color:", choose the color you want. To save your changes, click OK, and then OK again.
Once you have completed the final check simply send the file attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in person to The Print Shop in The Sir Duncan Rice Library. Please include all your requirements e.g. University you are submitting to, binding style, copies required etc. Also it is helpful if you inform us how many pages there should be in total and also a list of the page numbers you require printed as colour. If you are submitting a thesis to a university other than the University of Aberdeen, please include the specifications you require. Although we hold the specs for over 70 universities, it is helpful if we have your exact requirements.
Once we receive your thesis, we will check for any obvious errors, incorrect margins/page numbers, and email you with any corrections required and also a complete price prior to starting any work. No work will commence until we receive a reply from our customers.
Postage can also be arranged to either internal or external addresses. Internal mail will be delivered free of charge. External mail will incur additional costs, please enquire at time of submission.
Payment can be made either internal order (University of Aberdeen only), via telephone by credit/debit cards or in person at The Print Shop with cash, cheque or credit/debit cards.
Theses can also simply be handed in to The Print Shop already printed.