AUCU is keen to hear from members who want to get involved. Choose how much or how little you want to do, depending on the amount of time you can spare, or the type of practical assistance you can give.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Hand out recruitment material to new staff
- Help at recruitment stalls or induction days
- Attend general meetings
- Join the committee or one of the focus groups
- Attend national conferences
- Train as Personal Case Worker or Safety Rep - nationally run training courses are available at no cost to UCU members
- Stick up posters and distribute newsletters
- Contribute to the local newsletter
Read our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
UCU nationally has a Developing Activists Network which may also be of interest.