People and Water in Neolithic Orkney
Caroline Wickham-Jones from the University of Aberdeen, will give a talk on recent research to reconstruct the changing landscape of the monuments at the heart of Neolithic Orkney. All welcome.
School pupils take part in first Girls in Engineering conference
A conference promoting careers in engineering to girls was held in Aberdeen today, with 90 pupils from across Scotland taking part.
Arctic Futures Symposium 2016 - Free with limited places
Arctic Futures Symposium seventh edition will be held on 30 November 2016 at the Diamant Conference Centre, Boulevard Auguste Reyers 80, 1030 Brussels - Registration for the Symposium opens 31st of October 2016.
Pipeline World Première - Pete Stollery's new work
Artist Dr Roger B Williams, organ and local pipers performed new works from Pete Stollery, Mike Merrill and Bill Thompson to great acclaim.
New dawn for community of European universities
The University of Aberdeen is part of a new community of European universities united by a shared commitment to advancing social good and helping solve global challenges.
The Fifth Northern Lights Conference
Aims to 'inspire geeks of all creeds to better themselves and their communities' through this one-day conference in King's College Conference Centre. Registration Closes 27 October 2016.
In association with the Aberdeen Science Centre. An exciting day of activities will explore the science of sound led by composers and sound artists Pete Stollery and Duncan Chapman.
Leylines in association with DanceLive
Is a new performance project by choreographer Imogene Newland and sound artist Suk-Jun Kim, based on the concept of ley lines.
What Plankton Can Tell Us About Global Ecology
Come along and hear Dr Rowena Stern from SAHFOS talk on 21 October 2016 in the Zoology Lecture Theatre at Aberdeen University from 1pm - 2pm. Open to the public.
New Book on Shale Gas Law and Policy
Concentrates solely on shall gas, structured around five themes detailed below. Edited by Dr Tina Hunter, Professor in Energy Law at the University of Aberdeen.
Role of sponges in cold-water coral reefs investigated
Researchers from Aberdeen University aim to unravel the role of these fascinating organisms in the functioning of pristine deep-sea ecosystems.
The creation of archaeology as a science in Scotland in the 1850s
This evening lecture in association with University of Aberdeen Museums and the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland will be given by Dr E Curtis from Aberdeen University.
Witch Belief in Scottish Coastal Communities
What was so special about Scottish witches in coastal communities? Come along and hear Lizanne Henderson's talk (open to the public) from 1930hrs till 2100hrs on 25 October 2016 in the MacRobert Building at Aberdeen University.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2016
- May There are no items to show for May 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2014
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2014
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2014
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2014
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2014
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2014
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011