Northern Lights - Call for Papers Deadline 15 September 2018
International conference will illuminate how cults of northern English saints (600-1200) evolved in the early middle ages, between 1300-1500, as comparatively little is known about this understudied period.
Literary Lights Creative Writing competition opens to students
Students with an interest in creative writing are being invited to enter a competition that celebrates the legacy of one of Scotland's greatest writers.
Inaugural Science Based Governance and Regulation of Arctic Energy Installations Workshop
The first workshop of the SciBAr Installations Project, took place between 10-12 January 2018, at the Sir Duncan Rice Library, University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
FREE - A Plastic Ocean Film Screening - 15 February 2018
Described by Sir David Attenborough as 'the most important documentary of our times', it explores the fragile state of our oceans, uncovers alarming truths about plastic waste, and reveals working solutions that can be put into immediate effect.
Aberdeen Geographers Win Paper of the Year Award
Their paper presented a new semi-automated method for generating glacier reconstructions (glacier reconstructions are widely used in palaeoclimatic studies).
Adventurer explores environmental training facility at the University of Aberdeen
An ex-special forces soldier has visited the University of Aberdeen to continue his intensive training schedule for a potentially record-breaking challenge.
Musician Amy targeting Trad success
A University of Aberdeen music graduate will fight for the title of BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the year this weekend.
Royal Geographical Society awards accreditation to Aberdeen University
Aberdeen's Department of Geography and Environment received accreditation from the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) for both its BSc and MA programmes in Geography.
PhD Wanted: Landscape form, use and change: a dynamic Earth - deadline 26 January 2018
This research project will demonstrate practical use of drone-based remote sensing platforms and sensors to monitor, map, and model coastal saltmarsh. This PhD is fully funded.
PhD Sought for hydrology and biogeochemistry project - application deadline 26 January 2018
This fully funded PhD is for the project - Going underground: the role of subsurface hydrological and biogeochemical processes in managing flood and diffuse pollution risks.
Durham University Seeks PhDs - Deadline 2 February 2018
The Durham Arctic Research Centre for Training and Interdisciplinary Collaboration (DurhamARCTIC) will fund 15 doctoral students pursuing degrees on Arctic-related topics.
Elphinstone Fiddlers Perform 25 January 2018
Tickets still available for the performance which starts at 19.30hrs until 20.45hrs. They will play both traditional and contemporary tunes from Scotland and further afield.
Historian receives new honour for work on Polish history
The Polish Government has presented a leading historian from the University of Aberdeen with an award honouring his work on the country's history.
Which Mammals live in North East Scotland?
The recently published "Mammal Atlas for North East Scotland and the Cairngorms" will be discussed by Dr Annie Robinson and its lead editor, Nick Littlewood at Waterstones Union Bridge book store on 24 January 2018 at 7pm - 8.45pm. Open to all.
Aberdeen Boat Race to Make Waves in 2018
Longstanding rivals will clash oars on the River Dee in March, as Aberdeen's two universities return to the water once again for the Aberdeen Boat Race.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2016
- May There are no items to show for May 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2014
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2014
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2014
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2014
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2014
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2014
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011