Applications are invited from highly qualified and motivated applicants to take up a new PhD scholarship opportunity in the Department of Anthropology in the School of Social Science at the University of Aberdeen. The deadline is 16 May 2018.
- Qualification type: PhD (+3)
- Location: University of Aberdeen
- Start date: October 2018
- Funding for: UK/EU students
- Funding amount: £14,500 stipend plus tuition fees
Applicants should have a Master’s degree in anthropology including research methods training. The Galloway Trust Studentship in Social Anthropology offers funding to cover fees plus a stipend of £14,500 over a period of three years. Applications are sought in any field of anthropology that fits within the research interests of the department. These fall under the following broad themes:
- Anthropology of the North
- Environment, Creativity and Perception
- Religion, Politics and the State
- Museums and Histories of Science
- Anthropology of Art and Craft
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact a relevant member of staff to discuss their PhD topic prior to submitting an application. Please consult our research pages for more details on our research themes and the interests of our staff.
You must submit a complete online application for a place to study for a PhD in Social Anthropology by 16 May 2018.
You must include a 1000 word research proposal with your application.
For further information please contact Dr Maggie Bolton